worried about taxes.

We have only paid 416.06 in fed taxes this year making 37,000. There was a misunderstanding and DH was claiming to high. anyway I mean we do have 2 kids to claim and some energy star windows we installed...What do you think? I'm scared we will owe!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• I just did our Federal taxes last night. We made just slightly less than you, and have 3 kids. We are getting back roughly 3k. Fill out your tax forms and see what the numbers come out to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Hang in there.. no need in worrying about something that you dont know about until you actually know... and then all you can do is pay it...

Taxes SUCK...
    deenakate

Answer by deenakate at 1:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It was the same for us. They only took out about $240 in FIT from me, DH hasn't gotten his W2 yet (hopefully Monday). I'm pretty sure its due to the stimulus package that went into effect last year. They said it would show up in our paychecks by taking less taxes out. Only thing is that my checks didn't seem any higher than usual. I'm a little upset too. I hope that w/ childcare expenses, claiming our son as a dependent and the tuition credit we'll be getting that we'll get a decent tax return, tho I'm sure it won't be as much as we anticipated.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 1:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Ease your mind by finding an online tax calculator at just about any tax prep website and plug in the numbers. It'll give you a decent idea of what you'll owe/get back.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2010