Has anyone attended the library during reading time?

DId you like it? How old was your child? was there anything u disliked?

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 1:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've done it with toddlers of various ages and in 3 different cities... the experience totally depends on the place, the person running it, the day, the kids present, the age of your kids, and their mood... basically it's always worth a try, but won't always be what you hope for... Right now my 32 month old loves it... she answers the questions and participates... my 16 month old will sit and listen if that particular book grabs her; otherwise she'll run around the room... This last time we went there were some parents of younger ones seeming really self-conscious, and the librarian stopped reading to explain to them, "please don't worry... I don't care if they're listening... the important thing is that they're at the library having a good time... that's already a good thing..." So I'd say give it a try!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• The carpet smelled.
    Anonymous

• yea. we go almost every Friday. We used to go every Tuesday and Friday but now he's in daycare part time. We love it. He's 4 now but we've been going to our library sense he was 18 months or so.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010