Getting my chld to sleep in his own bed

My son is 2 yrs. old. He will not sleep in his own bed. At one time he slept in his crib all night without a problem. But, for a yr. now my son has been having nightares & will not sleep by himself. He does fine for nap time during the day. But, at night he will not sleep in his toddler bed or even in his own room. I have tried putting him back in his bed everytime he gets out of it, but I have caved because I am so sleep deprived. My younger son sleeps in the same room with us but sleeps in his crib through the night with out a problem. My younger son also doesn't care if he is in the same room with us or not just as long as he is in his crib. So, we are moving him out of our room this week.

maof2bois

Asked by maof2bois at 1:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son stays in his room and sleeps much better as long as his trains are with him! These take along thomas trains are his lovey hahaha. He doesnt always go right to bed...sometimes I hear him playing in his room, but he doesnt complain and after a while he goes to bed. He often prefers to sleep in the glider in his room, but i just carry him to his bed when I check on him and he does just fine. does your son's room have a nightlight? or if you have a crib musical toy which attaches to the side, try attaching it to the bed if you can! my son always liked his musical toy and it seemed to help him transition easier since it was part of his crib. my son also loves being read to. if yours does, or if he likes looking through books, leave a bunch of books in his room! I always convince my son to lay in bed so I can read him one more story and it seems to work most of the time
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• The only thing my son wants to sleep with is his sippy cup (he doesn't care if it has drink in it or not) & either my pillow or my husband's pillow. We had a nightlight in there when he was in there & we had always played lullabies for him on the radio ever since we brought him home. But none of that works anymore, he still will not sleep in his room or even in his bed. He always climbs in the bed with us. My son doesn't really like to read to, he likes to look at the books but he wont do it at bed time.

maof2bois

Answer by maof2bois at 2:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• hmmm well I hope some others answer! my son is 21 months and he is sleeping fine, but i'm sure he will go through something similar and I could always use some avice ahead of time!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010