if you use/used cloth training pants for potty training....

I saw some at JCPenny and might grab them since I have a gift certificate! Are they worth it? How many would you recommend to buy? I think it was a 2 or 3 pack....

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I really like the Gerber brand. I never actually bought any, all we have/had were given to us...I think we have about 12 pairs altogether...and boy did they get used! We went through them like crazy some days! But they're better than pullups IMO, plus they soak up more than regular undies - so worth the money IMO!
    Anonymous

• I would buy at least 6, but 9 is better, if you have a washer and dryer. If you have to go to the laundry mat I would buy three times that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• IMO using something that will take away the feeling of being wet defeats the purpose. I went straight to undies with my daughter. She was potty trained in 2 weeks. Yes, it was messy the first few days, but after 3 days, there were no more accidents.

My sister, after her first kid took FOREVER to potty train, said she'd never do training pants or pull-ups again, and I thought she was nuts. But I decided to go for it when it was my kid's turn. It was so worth it, and she is only 21 months old. I could just say that my kid is a genius, which of course, what mother wouldn't say that :) But, what I really think it is is the way we went about potty training. Undies are the way to go!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 2:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010