Is your daughter in Girl Scouts

Why or why not? If so, does she enjoy it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No because I don't have a daughter.
    Anonymous

• No, because i don't have a daughter. But even if i did the answer would probably still be know. I do not believe that Pagan's are allowed in Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts.

I was in Girl Scouts as a kid. The only thing i liked about it was making friends.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• If I had a daughter, I would let her become a Girl Scout. It's a fun experience and teaches them about helping the community, etc.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my daughter is a Girl Scout and I am a Girl Scout leader. She is a Daisy to be more specific. She really enjoys herself. We just took an ice skating trip last Friday. Girl Scouts is something fun we do together, just she and I. It is good quality time for us.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My daughter isn't because shed rather be in dance.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• religion has no bearing on whether you are allowed in or not.

we're in the Canadian version - Girl guides - my oldest is a brownie (next year she'll be a guide), middle is a spark (next moving on to Brownies)

they have so much fun! our neighborhood has a very active district. they've done ceramics, sleepover at science centre, firehall, skating, snowshoeing, slumber party.....active living badges. they've done 2 camps this year as well with another planned. thats all this year. I'm glad its almost over for the year - my girls are running out of room for badges on their sashes.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My oldest opted out this year (she was a Brownie last year). My middle daughter is in her 2nd year of Daisies and enjoys it and my youngest has a couple years to go before she can join. I find it to be more of a pain then anything but she has fun at the meetings.

The GSA in the US allows girls of any religious background in. They do have the thing about god in their pledge thing but we were told the girls could omit that part if it's not something they believe in (we're atheist).

It's the BSA that doesn't allow atheists, agnostics or gays. I looked it up. As long as you believe in a higher power (doesn't have to be the Christian god but that is preferred of course) then you can be in...as long as you aren't gay and your parents aren't gay.
    My son will never be in scouts because I can't in good conscience support a group that is so discriminatory.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2010