step siblings

did you have them? do you feel like your own mother or father treated them better than they did you? Or, do you have step children and do you try to favor them so they will like you? or do you feel like your dh favors your kids more than his own to please you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have stepbrothers but i've never met them so i guess that doesn't count.

I have a stepson and my son is actually my brother who i'm adopting so i guess that's no help either? We all kind of favor my DSS to be perfectly honest but not because we want him to like us or anything like that. ...it's just that he gets in less trouble. lol We will actually be going to family counseling to help remedy our favoritism because it's really not healthy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I have a step brother and step sister, my mom always treated us equally. She still does. Even my brother and sister agree that my mom never treated us differently.

my brother and i were 4 when our parents got married my sister was almost 2 and 1 year later we all had a new baby sister. Maybe it was becuase we were young or just becuase we had two amazing parents who looked beyond blood ties. When our dad died 5 years ago my mom never stopped loving them or their children, she visits and calls them all the time.

I did have a step mother who was evil and told her children (my half siblings) that i was no longer my fathers daughter because he divorced my mom. Luckily for me those visits were rare and i was raised by my step dad.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I have two stepbrothers, one sister, and one brother and we were all treated equally - same punishments, same rewards, almost to a fault! I have 3 older children from my 1st marriage, my dh treats them the same as he treats our son.

Answer by missanc at 3:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I do not have any step or half siblings that I am aware of. My bio-father ran off as soon as my mom told him that she was pregnant. My sister's (technically half-sibling) father adopted me when he married my mother before my sister was ever born. My mom and my dad (the one who adopted me) and his family have treated us all the same. I did not know that he wasn't my bio-dad until I was 12. I have two step kids. i had them in my life for a little over a year before their little sister was born. When they were here more full time, i treated them equally. I still do my best to treat them equally, but they are not here very much anymore so its difficult for me to know how to be really. I love them and do my best to treat them as my own children which generally just ends in me getting hurt. I try to be as involved as their mother will let me. SO treats all kids the same the best he can/BM lets him.
    Anonymous