How can i get rid of my babies thrush at home?

my baby got thrush & i was wonderin if anyone knos how i can get rid of it at home w/out goin to the doc, cuz the doc cant get her in till tuesday.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 2:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• boil everything that goes into your childs mouth...bottles, soother, toys etc..and ya have to do that after every use!! i think it will take a longer time doing just that..i would still take her to the dr tuesday, she might need antibiotics.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Genetian Violet. Do you have thrush too? If you're nursing, both of you need to be treated. This stuff turns everything purple, but from what I hear, it WORKS.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My baby got thrush last month. I had heard that you could use yougurt to treat it but too afraid of the dairy in yougurt so I decided against it. Then I found some baby cereal made by Gerber. It's called Grain Blends and it contains yougurt or the live and active cultures that will treat the thrush. I fed him the cereal every morning for about a week and we haven't had any problems with it since. Best of luck to you and your little one!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Buy cepacol mouthwash. Dip a qtip in it n clean LO's tongue n get a clean qtip n do the same w ur nipple if ur BF. If not BF then sterilize anyything that goes in her mouth in a pot of boiling water. Medela makes bags u put in da micro 2 do da same.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• well i have been boiling everything, i dnt kno how she got it, i do BF tho, thanks 4 the advice
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 3:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010