calling those who believe there is historical proof Jesus the man actually lived...

I have already heard the reasons why some people think he didn't walk the earth, can those of you who believe Jesus did walk the earth explain and give historical proof?

Please don't turn this into a debate on if he walked the earth or not. I am trying to gather information on Jesus being a real man.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I went to a public school, and they taught us about Jesus as a historical figure, not a biblical one in our World History class. We weren't allowed to use the "f" word lol that word was faith. I don't know exactly what references they used to make our text books, but I don't think they would have taught something that didn't have factual evidence backing it up.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• there is NO hisorical evidence that Jesus actualy existed. but the records are sooo very old. it is possible thatthey no longer exist
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• thank you sati, can you read the quesiton now?
    Anonymous

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• tons of Islamic scholarly references about Prophet Jesus, peace & blessings be upon him.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 2:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• your second article is great. I am going to copy just one of the paragraphs. It is why I started thinking this. We can say John lived and calculate his birthday but John's words about Jesus seem suspect.

No one doubts that the above names are well known from both sacred and secular sources, as well as archaeological evidence, and are therefore historical. The same is clearly true of Jesus of Nazareth. But why, then, is Jesus not permitted the "luxury" of actually having lived as did the rest of these? Why the double standard here?

Anonymous

• I know the historical writer Josephus mentions Jesus in his work, too. I'm not sure how Sati says there is NO historical evidence. There is, but maybe she doesn't consider it valid?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Josephus is not proof- he is highly disputed,accused of embellishment and outright lying. His work can both be correlated and proven inaccurate which does not make him a reliable source.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• ( I wish I had seen this way sooner) I totally believe that Jesus was real and the messiah. I dont research him factually because I have faith in him and thats all I need but anyway to answer your question......
    Jesus has a lineage through King David
    Jewish Traditions/Calendar and Festivities (dating his death)...Nissan 14
    You might research Roman governers like Pontious Pilate
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010