Will Infant tylenol do anything for her cold?

She has a runny nose and coughing so far. No fever. Will it help at all? She is 13mon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, it wont do anything for a cold. Infant tylenol is for fever and mild pain..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• it might take away any pain but not the other issues. my philosophy is to suffer through the minor stuff and save the drugs for the bad stuff.
    kidlover2

Answer by kidlover2 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No. Even if she had a fever it's better to let it run it's course. Bodies will naturally regulate fevers and contrary to the bad advice given on Cafemom even a 104 is not dangerous. She will not get brain damage etc....and febrile seizures are caused by how fast a fever goes up not how high.

Just in case if she seems ok with her cold but in a few days does spikes a fever then you would want to take her in for a possible secondary infection caused by the cold.

For right now just give lots of clear fluids and keep her home to rest and to help prevent the spread to others.
    Anonymous

• It wont make the "cold" itself better but it will reduce a fever and help any ear ache or sore throat etc feel better and also helps them sleep a little better when they are feeling ucky! A humidifier works wonders! We have the Vicks humidifiers (wouldn't want to live without them!)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It blocks any pain she might have but won't take away symptoms of the cold. I'd give her infant vitamins to help fight off the cold and things I would take myself for a cold like chicken soup and orange juice. Those always make me feel better.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Tylenol eases pain and discomfort. It doesn't CURE anything.
    Anonymous