about my sons bowel movement

Tmi i know but i'm concerned. He is almost 13 months and this last week or so him poop has been like a yellow/ greenish color. But today it was like white/ tannish. i was wondering what could cause this?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could be what he is eating. but if you are realy worried i would call your Dr if i were you
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• When mine has been sick he will sometimes have a bowel movement that color. One or two bowel movements that are kind of white or super light tan aren't usually any big deal but if it continues then you should definitely contact his doctor because it could indicate a liver problem.
    Anonymous

• Dr Oz had a segment on the color of poop. Try his website and see if you can do a search and find what he said about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• When I was nannying I watched a little girl who had poops similar to this. It was from he starting on whole milk. It can change the color of their poop I guess. My son doesn't drink milk (allergies) so I never saw this in him, but the girls mother asked her pedi and they said it was normal.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 5:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2010