Is this "Coupon Fraud"???

There was an item on sale @ Kroger B1G1. I have always been able to use 1 coupon for each item, even for the free one. At he checkout counter, the cashier saw the 2nd coupon & said I was not able to use the coupon on a free item. I asked her to at least try to scan it & she said, "NO! I already KNOW it's not going to work". She then leaned forward & quietly told me that what I was doing was "Coupon Fraud" & for me not to worry...they won't prosecute me this time. She said the reason it worked in the past was b/c the cashier "MADE" it work & that they should not have accepted it in the first place. I told her "Thank you, I would hate to go to jail w/my 3yr old daughter right here with me."

So my question is, is it NOT ok to use a 2 coupons...one for the item purchsed & the other on the free item on a B1G1 deal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• If it says you can only use one coupon then you can only use one.
    Anonymous

• Well, Dear... my company has started cracking down on double discounts as well. It's what it's all coming to these days. YES, I do believe she could not do it. Maybe you did it once, maybe someone got in trouble or lost their job. Don't push your luck.
    Anonymous

• no it is not coupon fruad. your cashier was a pure idiot. go to another cashier. sorry you ran in to someone like that.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• want to learn more about how you can use coupons and use them correctly? see weusecoupons.com. free website that helps CONSUMERS learn how to use thier coupons.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• SHE IS FULL OF BS!

Most places ring up each item at half the regular price to give yout he B1G1, even if they dont the register will still take the coupon if scanned. It is not fraud you are buying 2 of those items, the store is giving you a discount on the free item it has nothing to do with the coupon. Unless the sale specifically states "no coupons" may be applied to this sale, which i have seen but very rarely.

Pull that stores coupon policy from their website to make sure that they do not specifically cover a B1G1 deal and forbid the Q's. Then print it off and carry it with you. I would also let the store manager know and call the 800 customer service number. management and the 800 number actually love hearing about these things because it cost them sales if we stop using stores with stupid cashiers.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Oh and they would NOT take you to jail over using a coupon on a free item. Coupon fraud is for couterfiet coupons as in fake not real.

This cashier was standing deep in a pile of BS. Here is a link about coupon fraud. http://save.lovetoknow.com/Coupon_Fraud_Investigations:_Coupon_Information_Corporation_Interview
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• She sounds like a moron. Call the customer service dept at the store or take in your receipt and the extra coupon, and they may be able to adjust the price for you. Next time, don't go to that employee's register again. At the stores I where I shop, if you bring 2 items to the check out and have 1 coupon for each item, that's legit, and it's an awesome deal.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2010