how can i earn extra money from home

I am a stay at home mom i need some ways i can make extra money from home

itsagirl200801

Asked by itsagirl200801 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you are crafty/creative, consider starting your own home business. I think that's really the BEST way to actually make money. When I was a SAHM, I had my own gift basket and silk floral arrangement business and targeted Bridal Shows (where there is lots of disposable income on the part of Brides and their families!)

I was licensed in my state, and bought wholesale, then sold overstocks and old samples on Ebay--to keep my inventory fresh and current.

Think outside the box for a product or service YOU are comfortable with making/doing, and get started! Check out your states "Open For Business" website to get all of the information you need.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Sell on E-bay.. You can check out my store to see examples of what sells, etc.

I have a lot of popular toys like (Legos, Thomas) baby items like (baby Bjorn, baby monitor, Winnie Pooh crib bedding) and household appliances like (Dirt Devil Kurv, KONE) etc. :
    http://shop.ebay.com/tvv16/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
    Arelf27

Answer by Arelf27 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• If you're crafty you can sell your crafts on Etsy.com

If you have a medium/large home with a good size yard you can get a daycare license. You will need to be certified by the state and your home will be inspected.

You could get a part-time job on the weekends or nights.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I make money at home with Tupperware. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca I have been doing it 3 + years and LOVE every minute of it. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 6:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Passion Parties is the place to be, i only work sat nights, and i never ask people to book they are so excited once they hear what i do they beg me to do a party!!! its amazing!!! email me with more questions, hcslepko@yourpassionconsultant.com
    hslepko

Answer by hslepko at 6:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I work as a Fitness Coach from home with Beachbody (the company that created P90X, TurboJam, Slim in 6, Insanity etc.). I help people stay on track with their fitness goals and get rewarded for achieving my own goals with fitness & nutrtition.

It's not for everyone...you've got to have a passion for helping people. If you think it might be a good fit for you there is info available on my cafemom page. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions :)
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Hi do you like to travel and have fun going places with your family.I have a revolving travel buisiness I do from home and it's a very small investment to start if you are interested please send me a message to my page.I will give you the information on how to get started when you send me a message.
    Mandy1974

Answer by Mandy1974 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Let me know if I can help with any questions. Have a great weekend!!!!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 8:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2010