has anyone ever used the picture me place in the walmarts?

I'm so mad I had to practually pull my husbands teeth to get him to get our sons picture taken professionally for his 1 year photo any other time I'm fine with taking photos on my own but for his yearly picture I want a professional one done. Any way so I fially got him to go and so we had the pictures take pick one pose for the $4.99 deal they had going(killed me not to get the other poses) then as we're checking out the girl tells me in order to see the other pictures or to order more/ other poses I need a password for the website but that it wasn't printing it out so basically they are lost i contacted the website telling them what was going on and no one has responded to my emails. errrrrrrr no all my babys pictures are gone has anyone had any problem with the same thing?

mrtoddswoman

Asked by mrtoddswoman at 3:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• No! I've used it, and never had any problems. I'm sorry this happened, though!
    Anonymous

• I have used them several times and have not had any problems...

I know you probably wanted to see them, but if you were not going to order any more than it might be easier not to be tempted.

I have gone to have my kiddoes pics taken KNOWING I wouldnt order any more than the cheap package and I tried not to even look at the other ones...lol

Its a hassle and stinks...but not too bad of an issue...right?
    Anonymous

• The unfortunate thing about that is that what if your MIL or whomever wanted to order some, now they can't! I know what you mean, it is a pain. I like them, personally, and have never had any problems with them, but I would be mad, too!
    Anonymous

• i have used walmart picture place a few time and i didnt have any problems with them. i am sorry about the picture i no how important the 1st year phots are!
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 3:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I've never used them. I went with a friend once and they were super rude and she really got screwed by their $4.99 deal. She picked the picture because it looked good on the screen, but when they gave us the prints, her son's eyes were closed. I swear they gave her the pose before the one she picked, but they wouldn't let her re-do them because the girl said the same customer couldn't get more than one $4.99 package per session. I just think either that girl had no idea what she was doing or just didn't care. When we tried to get online to see the rest of the pics, and just re-order them even though they would cost more, we couldn't get to them. She ended up getting different pics taken at a different Walmart a few months later, and I didn't go with her. Her English isn't so good and she misunderstood the deal and ended up spending $75 instead of the $4.99 deal, but that was her own fault. The pics were cute, though.
    Anonymous

• We never had issues with them; sorry you couldn't see the other pictures. We actually looked later and didn't find any we wanted, but we gave certain family members the info in case they wanted a different pose.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Try Portrait Innovations. They have a $9.95 deal and you get more pictures than walmart. Plus, their camera isn't attached to the wall. They're much more professional and the pictures come out beautiful. If you want to see mine just send an invite. I have a bunch of my daughter on here and they are from there. My sister just recently went to Walmart and they were trying to get her to buy an $800 package.................Seriously? They are not even real photographers and they only have one angle to shoot from. Portrait innovations is MUCH better and none of their packages are that much.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I used to use them but I will NOT do it again. My MIL offered to pay for a big family portrait. She ended up paying almost $200 for all the pictures that she wanted. When we got them back all of them were out of focus. They looked fine on the screen. When I asked the lady what happened she said that they softened them up so that they would look better. I told her I didn't like it and they just said sorry there is nothing we can do about it. So now my MIL is stuck with all those pictures because nobody likes them because they are out of focus. I would suggest like the PP to go to Portrait Innovations. They are WONDERFUL! If you go to their website (www.portraitinnovations.com) you can see some of their phots. They really are that good. I think I have some of my sons' pictures up if you want to see those.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We have used them, but didn't like them much. We decided to start going to Sears and LOVE them!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I ONLY use Walmart. I have used them about 10 times and everytime the pictures turn out PERFECT. They were able to catch our youngest first smile on camera.

So sorry you are going through this. If you get your pictures, make sure u take $20 with so you can buy the extras. You will get an extra 10 x 13 in color and blk and white or sepia and extra 8 x 10 and another one, calender maybe.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2010