anyone have luck with a potty chart?

i just made my son a potty sticker chart. i got an orange poster board, his favorite color, and put days of the week across the top, and different weeks down the side. he's napping right now so i'm really excited to see his reaction.

he pees in the potty but also pees in his undies or pull ups. he has never pooped on the potty. i definitely thought it couldn't hurt, and that he would have fun with it but i'm not too optimistic that it will stop him from peeing in his pants. well sometimes he flat refuses to even try to use the potty so maybe it will help in that regard. :-)

he's 2 years and 4 months old btw.

i'd love to hear any success stories, if anyone has tried this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, charts can never hurt that's for sure. I never really bothered with them though, when my kids were little... it seems like I kind of weaned them into the potty thing and that was that. I never really believed in chore charts either. My kids were assigned a chore, they did it or else. Kind of the way life used to be really.
    Anonymous

• This helped with my oldest! I started once he was going most the time during the day and he loved palcing the stickers on. I placed it in the bathroom. He was 3 and extremely hard! I never had to do one with his younger sister because she was just a breeze!

They can really help when you are struggling so I am all for them for certain kids!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010