What does it mean when you dream about.....

Your spouse dying, in the dream they are alive and well and then at some point news reaches you they have died, you then find yourself in a room full of people gathering because of it but some of these people are from your high school and never knew your spouse. You find you are between tears and rage in the dream. you keep hearing yourself say the phrase "I always knew he would go first and before we grew old" and then you start hitting things in a rage and crumple in a ball in tears.

I woke up this morning from this very vivid dream, not 20 minutes later my DH called me from work to see how my morning was, I told him I just wanted him to come home and hold me that i had a dream (of course he cant till after work) He is used to this I have dreams of my dead father and the beach, but this time it was my DH which just really bothered me. Does anyone have a meaning for it? I cant find anything that makes sense in my books.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The high school part of your dream is the part that needs to be addressed... high school symbolizes insecurity and learning.

You fear at some point that you are going to lose your husband and the thought of trying to live without him with causes fear, anger, and insecurity and these thoughts crowd your mind- hence the people in the room. You might have felt this way in school and that is your mind's way of finding familiarity.

You need to condition yourself- prepare yourself just in case this happens. In other words, understand that it might happen and you will have no choice other than learn to be without him and go on with your life. You have to accept what you cannot change. You need to learn to enjoy what you have here and now. Don't focus on the negative but bask in the good. At least that's what I get from reading your dear... I might be totally wrong. Let me know if any of that made sense to you.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/
    this may be helpful! hope so, dont be so worried though!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• you should pm ihartu..she's helped riddle me out of a nagging, on-going dream.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• IHartU it makes complete sense.

High school was not a happy place but many of those people are now extending apologies to me for their behavior. Dh is in law enforcement so him not coming home is always a possibility and for 10 years I have managed it pretty well and dont dwell on it, but lately i have been pushing him to eat better and be healthier.

Financially we are prepared if anything happens, emotionally I dont know, everyone assumes I will be strong because I am the strong one always in every death and every hard situation I am the one who pushes on. In the back of my mind I have always known if DH were to die it would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Thank you it helps to have someone else kick me in rear to refocus my energy.
    Anonymous

• You're welcome. big smile mini

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010