Need help planning our cruise!

So my DH and I finally saved up enough money to go on a real honeymoon ( a year and a half later lol). We want to go on a 3 day cruise. I found a really good deal from Norwegian Cruise Lines for $199. Has anyone ever gone on that line before? What did you like/dislike about it? I've only been on Royal Caribbean and I loved them but for the time when we would be able to go, it is really expensive! I'd love any feedback on any cruises you've been on so I can purchase tickets! Thanks!
(hehe I'm so excited to go on a real vacation..haven't been on one since I was 12!)

ericalyne

Asked by ericalyne at 3:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Travel

• woo hoo!!! I LOVE cruising. 3 days is so short. all answers can be found on www.cruisecritic.com
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I know it is super short, but I am in school full time and I also work, so there is no way I could afford to miss a bunch of days...plus, I'd miss my little one too much lol.
    ericalyne

Answer by ericalyne at 11:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Carnival has good deals ... for cheap ... i guess the question would be where do you live, as to what port you can leave from .. that determines price ... Carnival, I have found, is a fun ship... some others are too strict, or ...boring i would say, where there are older people who like the quiet, so activities are limited... Carnival has things happening on deck and entertainment at all times; clubs, piano bars, etc. Staff are awesome ... Royal Carribeans do not interact much .. (and I have been on about 12 cruises to compare!!) ... I think it is really a personal choice.... (BTW .. if you are limited on funds, do not book excursions on the ship ... do them yourself once you go to the port ... I save hundreds of dollars doing this on each cruise!) ... have fun! if you need a few sites for booking, let me know and I can share with you ...
    onthagoagain

Answer by onthagoagain at 1:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• oh yes booking sites would be awesome! thanks! we live in FL so we would probably either be leaving from Jacksonville (i think we have a port here) or tampa!
    ericalyne

Answer by ericalyne at 10:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010