Circumsicion partically reattached?!

I was wondering if any mom's had to deal with part of there son's circumcision reattaching? My LO's has and we've been trying to gently pull it apart but it seems to have already fused together permanently. I'm worried that the doctor will say to wait and see what happens, I just want it fixed now instead of later.

What did you do? How were you able to fix it?

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ouch...one of the many reasons we decided not to circ in the first place.

I have heard of this happening a lot.

Have you taken him to see what the Dr will say?
    Anonymous

• The Dr will probly just yank it back. I personally fixed our sons but pulling it back after or at bath time then coat it with some A&D. when you get it fixed pull it back daily!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• OOOoh My son went through the SAME THING!! It seemed like it was going to be stuck that way forever. It doctor said to just make sure you keep it clean and pull it back to clean when you give him baths. His reattached all the way around. The doc said only a small percentage of boys will need a re-circ. His reattached when he was a couple months old. It started (slowly) coming apart after a year and some months. Now he'll be 2 in a month and it's back to normal!!! So don't worry about it. It does happen. It sucks. I remember the doctor saying that once he starts losing some of that baby fat it will start coming apart again - and it did, he was right. I thinks it's called penile adhesion. I was as scared as you were. I just kept an eye on it and it DID come all the way off eventually.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• And DONT try to pull it apart yourself!! It will come apart on it's own ;) Good luck momma
    mamie2shoes

• Unfortunately, this is very common. Parents think that when you don't circumcise, you need to push the foreskin back, but in reality, it's when you DO circumcise that you need to push the skin back regularly, to prevent this. From what I've heard, the doctor will pull it back, and then you will need to consistently need to apply vaseline or something similar to prevent reattachment.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• my son's reattatched to the head, the dr pulled it apart quickly, i had to put neosporin on it until it healed and had to make sure i was pulling it back when i changed his diaper, he's three now and it's fine
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You should have been gently pulling it back all along so that didn't happen. Put petroleum jelly on it and try to massage it back a bit after every diaper change or the doctor will rip it back hard without mercy.
    Anonymous

• Anon 47 I was gently pulling it back with every diaper change. I still am so that the parts that aren't reattached don't get that way. Only a small part of it reattached, it looks like the back (or bottom) part on the front (top) part of his penis. His was this way at his 2 month appointment, we didn't have a one month just a 2 week wellness. Thank you mamie2shoes that makes me feel a little better. His appointment is at the end of the month so we'll see what his dr says then.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I took my sone in with the same issue. She yanked it down and told me to keep it lubricated for a few days and if it stuck again to pull it down again. Poor lil guy :) It did happen again and i gave him half a dose of tylenol and waited for it to kick in and pulled it down.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010