Has your family ever made you feel worthless?

I have been suffering really bad depression, it is to the point of wanting to kill myself (the only reason I haven't is because of my daughter). It is a month wait to get into my psychiatrist. So, I call my sister to see if she could come down and help take care of my daughter. My mom got pissed off and disowned me cause I didn't call her (she is addicted to pain killers). My sister originally said yes (she lives in the midwest and I the west coast), then called to tell me that she can't cause our gpa won't let her. I guess my life isn't worth it to them, glad to know they give a shit about me. Has your family ever made you feel worthless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• OP, I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's know depression is tough. If you believe in prayer, it helps.

Anonymous

• Sending hugs to you. Hope your day gets better and less overwhelming.
    mom22littlegirl

Answer by mom22littlegirl at 4:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You are special... don't ever forget that. We all go through bad times and need someone to lean on, sometimes the people we need the most are not there, but you got your wonderful daughter and she loves you more than anything in this world and she needs you. I hope things get better for you. GL.

hugs

ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• They can't make you feel any way. You allow them to put all that bs on you. I'm sorry you are dealing with this alone but if that's the way it has to be then let's see if we can get you through it until the dr appt. Get on the cancellation list so they will call if another appt comes open before your's. Next you get a structured TO DO LIST for each day and follow it. Don't put too much on the list though. If things don't get done then add it to another day. I want you to move around. Movement helps fight depression. Put on a cd or dance video and dance. Just do something that keeps you out of the bed and lying around. Try to focus on others instead of yourself. I know, it's all about you now but if you focus on doing something nice for someone (even calling or writing to say hello) you will lift your spirits a bit. Hold out your hand too and one of us will grab u if it gets too bad. Hugs.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• hey girl..i was going through the same thing . i just got a visit to see the psychatrist. it was also at the point of me waiting to committ suicide as well . it's was hard but you will look at your beautiful daughter and say to yourself i dont wanna leave her ..i wanna to give her the world and i cant do that if i am not here ..it always help to be able to talk to someone else who knows exactly what you are gong through ..please inbox me so we can talk ..im still going through it now so maybe we can help each other and be a support system for each other since we are not getting it from our family . we have to be strong as women and know we deserve to be here and feel worthy just as much as the next person . always remember no one can make you feel bad unless you let them .stop giving them them that pleasure of making you feel bad because it will never stop .
    amiyamom08

Answer by amiyamom08 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes, I got to that point, and my husband was absolutely horrible about it. He just made me feel like I was being a horrible wife and mother, and didn't acknowledge that I was deeply hurting inside, and needed love and reassurance. He made my depression 90% worse because of his critical attitude.
    Anonymous