where is your 1 year old developmentally

my son just turned 1 on the 28th. he babbles...says da da and knows what it means...he says mama when he's mad and knows he yelling for me. when you ask him if he wants a baba he knows what youa re talkign about but still wont' say it.
with motor skills...he was a late roller and crawler..but he's crawling like a champ..he pulls up and transfers from one thing to another...
i know every child is different but it's been a few years sicne i've had a one year old..so i'm just curious.
also don't give me this crap my kid was walking at 5 months and talking full sentenses by this time.

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is now 14 1/2 months, but at 1 he was only saying a few words (ma ma, da da, rock, uh oh, and bye bye), he was walking fairly steadily and feeding himself finger foods, but no spoon at that time, drinking milk out of a sippy cup, sleeping 12 hours at night plus 1-2 1/2 hour nap. In the last 2 1/2 months his language has just exploded and he probably has like one new word a day - it's fun to watch!

Answer by missanc at 5:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• my dd is 1 in a couple of weeks...
    she is fully walking, she jumps, she feeds herself (w/o a spoon just fingers) she says maa dada bye bye, waves, blows kisses, give kisses & hugs,says boobie in sign language, says poop in sign language, says more in SL, and eat, potty, mama in SL and Dada in SL.... shes BARELY peeing on the potty, shes pooped a few times on the potty.... completely still in diapers though shes hasnt gotten it down yet ... uhm... uses sippy cup
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• she also mimics EVERYTHING i do and say.... its adorable, she wispers when i do lol and sings.... or tries to she doesnt really use words...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My son is 14 months, and didn't start walking until shortly after 13 months. And he only says dada, mama, and once in a while yeah. i wouldnt worry too much.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 5:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Well my 1 yr old is way ahead of where my first born was at this point. He understand when I tell him to go get a diaper, or wipes, or his cup, or binky etc. He can repeat and word and says a lot on his own. He was crawling at 6 month and standing but he didn't walk until a few days after he turned 1 yr. He tells me when he has pooped or peed and he tells me when he gets tired by saying Night Night! He is counting to 5 completly not my fault he picked that up the other day after watching his cousin count on her fingers. Anyway he is 16 months and WAY ahead of the game but my son Xavier sounds similar to yours. Xavier would talk all the time but we couldn't understand him at all!! He ended up having a hearing problem b/c of his tonsils and adenoids being to big. He had surgery to correct the problem and is ahead of the game now!! All kids definately develope differently
    NoraDun

Answer by NoraDun at 8:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My son will be 13 months old tuesday and he is saying momma, dadda, more, bite, bye, night night. He can sign in sign laungage "more" and working on thank you now. He knows what sounds a pig, dog, cat, sheep, and horse makes and will repeat it when he sees the animal. He can say one when we count to three. He started walking really well a week after his birthday. He was a later roller over (6 months) and crawler (9 months) he is very smart boy by far (or atleast I think so?! could just be the momma in me lol) I'm sure your baby is on track for where he is...if your baby isn't walking just yet he is prob trying to focus on walking and a baby can only focus on one thing at a time. My son was talking ALL the time and just stopped all of a sudden. I thought something was wrong at first and realized he was working on walking. Now that he is walking, he is talking more and more now.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My son is almost 14 months and he refuses to drink out of a sippy cup, used to talk and now just screams and shrieks. He's been walking since he was about 10 months or so. Doesn't listen to a thing I say and doesn't understand what I'm saying. Or he does and he chooses to ignore me. But he's a really smart little boy. I think he knows how to do all this stuff, but he's a stubborn little guy and wants to make mommy frustrated. All in due time I suppose. He's the kind of kid who it will take him awhile to even start to do something (he was a late roller, crawler, sitter) but once he does it, that's it. It's mastered. So, with the not talking...I think just one day he's gonna walk up to me and say, "Haha, Mom! All this time you thought I couldn't speak. Well, I can! And, um, I pooped. Hehehe!" LOL I've learned not to let it bother me. He'll do his thing at his own pace.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My son is 18 months now... but at a year he said 8 words and a few words he in sign, he was walking at 10 months, he was weaned from breastfeeding but refused a sippy cup and was on a bottle until about 14 months, he fed himself but with his hands until around 14 months has well, and at 12 months he LOVED to dance... I wish he still did, he almost never does anymore and it was so cute!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2010