Anyone who has been to Las Vegas, can you give me ideas for my "must see/must do" list?

THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Travel

• Cirque du Soleil - It's awesome. I haven't been to the other Cirque based shows but I hear that they are good.

If you like buffets, go to the one in Paris. The food is delicious.
    Anonymous

• skip the Dolphin/Tiger exhibit at MGM, not worth the $$
    the pirate show at Treasure Island is cool, as is the aquarium (can't remember the hotel, Madalay Bay I think)
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We went a few years ago and the parents-in-law paid for us to take a helicopter from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. I'm sure it cost a fortune, but it was one of the most amazing experiences ever! We flew into the canyon, had picnic dinner and flew back over the strip as the lights were coming on. So cool!
    Anonymous

• If this is your first time, then just walk around and see all the free stuff. Freemont Str. is awesome (old strip).. Belogio water dance is to die for. Seafood buffet at the Rio is great!!! Best machines for payoff is a little place in front of Circus Circus and they also have great footlong hot dogs (cheap)....
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 8:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• See Rita Rudner at Harrah's! That's my favorite show. I also like Phantom and Penn & Teller. My favorite strip buffet is at Treasure Island. Best food downtown is at Golden Nugget, which also has one of the neatest pools in town. See the fountains at Bellagio. The conservatory there is also neat, although right now the display is done up for the Chinese New Year, and it's not all that great. If you go outside of the tourist areas, check out Red Rock Canyon at eat at Nora's Cuisine on Flamingo.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Go eat at the Rain Forest Cafe, it's at the MGM Hotel. It's a fun place to take the Family and even for a drink, it has a bar area, it's like a junggle and the animals look like they come to life and you see and hear rain. Ask for the volcano cake, it come w/icecream to enought to share for 4 people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My absolute favorite thing we did in Vegas was this, we stayed at the Encore and had a beautiful room over looking the strip (looking straight down on the Treasure Island pirate show) we ordered room service, they came in and setup a table right in front of the window looking down on the strip at night. They dimmed the lights and set everything up for us. I will NEVER forget that. There we were, just him and me in our pajama's eating room service enjoying our gorgeous room and the breathtaking view. We didn't have to yell to hear each other, we didn't have a bunch of people to walk around. It was awesome!
    Now, DH's favorite was being surprised with the "Be a Petty" experience. We drove out to the Speedway where I surprised with getting to drive a real racecar around the track for 6-8 laps. He LOVED it!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2010