how much are you getting back in taxes?

i have one child, first year to claim her:) just curious to see how much i might be getting back. full time job all year long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• The more you make the less you get back. It depends on your income.

Last year DH was deployed the year previous to it and it was not taxable income so we got back 7 grand from fed and 1grand from state with one kid.

This year we only qualified for 4 grand from fed and 500 from state with two kids.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 5:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• 3500. Family of 4, only my hubby works. This is what is usually is, we go exempt sometimes to have extra cash for that week/ month.
    Anonymous

• 1 kid. we made 77K this year (both of us working). We're getting back a little over 1,500.
    Anonymous

• Depends on if you owe something, how much youmake , ect You cant get an idea based off others.This is ONLY FOR AN IDEA of what you MAY get

http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/

Anonymous

• Oh and we have 1 kid and DH works we are getting back 6,000
    Anonymous

• Single mom of 2 make less then 30,000 plus go to school - --- getting back 8,000 from fed + state
    Anonymous

• we have 1 kid...we are getting back right around 3,000 and 500 state. next yr i am going to make sure i keep all my charitable receipts so we can use that!
    Anonymous

• We really wracked up ours by using my husband's $100.00/month charitable donation as a tax exemption, anon!

Of course, you have to think to yourself, is it really charity if you get rewarded?
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 5:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• this year we are getting back almost 9 k. family of 4. i only worked for a few months last year. DH is in the Army.
    last year we got back around the same amount too. depending on how much u make and what not tho. cause DH was deployed for 1.2 the year and that money didnt count since it was tax free money. sooo. next year will probally be the same too .maybe a lil bit more cause of the new baby...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 5:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We never cliam our charitable donations....No offense to anyone who does, its just that I dont believe its a charity if Im getting money back for being a good person. I havnt received my W-2s yet for some reason but according to turbo tax we will get 9000 back. I had a job for the majority and so did my hubby. We have one kid and we dont owe anything. We bought a new car so we are getting more back for that. Hopefully turbo tax is right.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010