Husband is glued to the xbox!

and when hes not on that its the computer! helllllllllllllllllllllppppppppp! i want to spend time with him too! ive tried everything seriously! any suggestions on getting some family time in without him feeling pressured to and then doing it unwillingly making it not fun?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 5:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Exchange PS3 for X box and thats me,so I'm no help to you lol!
    Anonymous

• You married a gamer. It's hard to get them to break free.

Good luck and hopefully you'll get good advice.
    Anonymous

• Make him choose
    Anonymous

• What if you two sat down and tried to come up with a schedule so you have time too. If that doesn't work, of course you could always take a hammer to the XBox and cancel your internet service. That should get his attention.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• well I married a gamer too and trust me breaking his things will only make it worse! He will become withdrawn and it will make him resent you and not want to spend anytime with you. I also understand that if he doesn't start spending time with you, then you will start to resent him. I suggest that you go and do your own thing when he is gaming. also log how long he does game, then when he is ready for some you and him time, then find yourself busy with your own thing and then when he complains, you show him how much time he spent playing, when he could have been spending some of that time with you. Let him know that you waited for him, but now its your turn to do something you want. Suggest your willing to give him what he wants, IF he spends less time playing and more time with you when you would like. Or it could just take him growing up. Like it did mine. that and huge ass fight.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I'm in the same situation...NOTHING works. Talking doesn't work because when you talk while they are playing they either don't listen, or get mad because you're distracting them. My hubby's game right now is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I play sometimes too...but I mean...I'll come walking in wearing sexy lingirie and he hardly even takes a glance. Nothing. I haven't figured anything out so I'll be keeping my eye on this question hoping for an answer as well lol. good luck honey
    Anonymous

• Break it!"ACCIDENTALLY" That is what I had to do! Lol! And thank god it was a gift!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Just makes me ever so thankful that my husband is past that "game" stage and has no interest in video games.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Put a password on the PC, not sure what can be done with the xbox, maybe lose the controller! You know how children can be! Lol You'd be amazed at what mine have "lost" lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010