unknown fever that wont go away!!!!!!!!!!Help

My 14 month old came home from my sister's today with a fever of almost 103. I know he has a tooth coming in, but he rarely gets fevers that high. And he was very lethargic. I gave him some tylenol and he took a nap only to wake up without change. So a lil later on i got permision to give him motrin. It went down but only to 101.5. Should I be worried? Or do you think its just from teething?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 5:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• any other symptoms?? my dd had fever like that w/o any other symptoms then it went away and she got a rash all over her it was roseola...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• teethign doesnt cause fever I would at least have him evaluated that he doesnt have another kind of infection our 1 year old was acting totally fine and spiked a fever out of nowhere we took him to the ER (it was a really high fever) and turned out he had pnuemonia, have him checked out
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• could be ear infection
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• they say not to worry until it's like 104, but i'd still take him in....
    keep up the motrin, give him a luke warm bath.. baths always make my kids feel a little bit better..
    keep a close eye on him, and push lots and lots of fluids..
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 9:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My daughter's fever got to 103. She ended up with Roseola. It was a little scary as a first time mommy. The doctor said just give her luke warm bath. Hope your little one gets better soon.
    Anonymous