Help... my hair is breaking off on top

What can I do? I am using Redken's Anti-Snap. I have highlighted hair. I am using name brand products, blow drying and flat ironing my hair. Should I stop blow drying and flat ironing for a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I also have fine hair, and the toner you're using is probably the cause of it. Every time I've put blonde in my hair, it has broke off, and didn't stop until I got it out. I'd quit using the toner, and dye it back brown, then, I suggest not using your blow dryer and straight iron. If you do use your blow dryer, keep it on the coolest, low setting. It will take longer, but it will keep your hair from getting dry, thus preventing breakage. Also, they sell heat protectant spray to spray on your hair, and it really helps for people who blow dry and use a flat iron. Also, there is this stuff called Wella In-Depth treatment that does wonders for your hair. I found it at sallybeauty.com, and no I'm not affiliated with them or trying to sell you anything, or you can find it at your local Sally's beauty supplies if you have one. It's cheap too, especially for a big jar. It has 5 star reviews.
    Anonymous

• yes you should.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 6:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• ha, just be glad its not falling out like mine. side effect of kidney disease. anyways, use the detangler called infusion 23. I know is detangler, but trust me it works.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i suggest using Pureology moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair...it's like $26.00/8 ounces but it really works well and it's all natural and vegan.

and yes...stop using your blow dryer and straightener.

but if you must use your blow dryer only use the "cool shot" setting
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 6:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• What type of hair do you have? I indeed would stop using the flat iron and blow dryer for a while...And get some SuperGro hair grease and massage it into your scalp, and just slick your hair back into a bun. I'm WHITE and that really helped my hair begin to heal and grow. You can find the stuff at any Family Dollar or Dollar General for under $5.
    Anonymous

• Oh...and only wash your hair every couple of days instead of every day. Wear hats or bandanas if you're self conscious.
    Anonymous

• Go to the doctor and get your thyroid checked. Look up the symptoms of hypothyroidism. :)
    Anonymous

• OP Here: I have super fine hair. It does have some body to it. After it was colored, I did a toner myself. Then I have been using a purple shampoo about every third shampoo. I really hate the color though. Do you think I should just go back to brown? Would that help at all?
    Anonymous

• You might have to do like I said with the grease...My hair was starting to get thin, and I started using it. Dying your hair again won't help! If anything, it will make it break MORE. Get a super cute short hair cut, maybe? Then you could use the grease to shape it while you wait for your hair to grow back in full.
    Anonymous

• Stop drying your hair and straightening it. Don't wash it everyday. Let your natural oils build up and moisturize your hair. Don't dye it either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010