Parents of only children please

My DH and I have a wonderful daughter and are sure we only want one child (for personal and financial reasons). My DH wants to get a vasectomy since we don't want any more children. Although I'm sure I don't want any more kids, I don't want him to get one. I'm not exactly sure why, maybe I'm afraid something will happen to my DD....Just wondering if anyone else was in this type of situation and DH had or didn't have one.

Please no responses telling me the benefits of having more than one kid-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby had one after our son was born.We knew one was enough.If something happens,(knock on wood),there's always a reversal or adoption.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Ok, well I have 2 kids, but I'd like to answer anyway (and, no I won't try to talk you into having more...lol). Having one or not having one is a personal decision. If you are sure you don't want more, but don't want him to have a vasectomy, then don't. There are other methods of birth control out there that you can use until you are more comfortable with him having it done. Perhaps, and this is a big perhaps, you are hesitant b/c there is a part of you that isn't so sure you don't want more. And there's nothing wrong with that. You may never want more kids, and that is fine. You can always get the vasectomy done at any later date. And as TMJ said, if by some horrible circumstance, something did happen, you can reverse the vasectomy or adopt. If your concerns are medically related (you're afraid of the surgery for him), maybe talking to the dr can ease your mind. Don't know if I helped, but I hope I did.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• he could allways have sperm frozen so that option is allways there if you want it, but he can still get snipped
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We are a very happy family with our singleton.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Hi Everyone,

We've removed several answers from this question, and wanted to explain why.

We'd like Answers to be a place where everyone feels comfortable asking and answering questions. Ideally, when a mom posts a question in Answers, she'll get responses from other moms that address the question she's asking.

While debates around hot topics are welcomed and encouraged, personal attacks are not. We want everyone to feel comfortable debating their point of view about any topic without being personally attacked for their beliefs.

With that in mind, we have removed several answers from this question because they were personally attacking other members instead of discussing the original post.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 10:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010