Newspaper and Windex....ever heard of this??

Both of my grandmothers used to clean the windows with Windex and news paper. They said that the ink in the paper helps clean the windows. My husband has never heard of this and i was just wondering if anyone out there does it like me? It does work.

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It does work. I use to work for a Ski store and they had large windows. The owner had me clean the windows with windex and newspaper all the time.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• IDK about the ink but that is how we always did it and it worked just fine.
    Anonymous

• yup newspaper works the best! my husband details cars on the side and this is the only thing he will use
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 6:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• been doing this for many many years. it works
    Anonymous

• yep!

I use vinegar instead of the windex
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes, it is supposed to be lint free. My main gripe about it and why I don't do any longer is the ink from the newspaper comes off on your fingers.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It was how I always did it growing up, but now I get the newspaper online, so I don't have the newspaper around regularly enough to really matter. We use the Windex wipes, because it's the kid's chore to wash windows. Not sure why they get such a kick out of it, but I'm not going to complain!!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Newspaper and coffee filters are awesome for cleaning windows. They don't streak like paper towels do.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 8:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Newspaper and white vinegar work really well. Windex is a waste of money and brings unnecessary toxins into your home.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I've heard of it but never used it myself. I heard that the ink in today's paper runs and makes the windows icky. I use the Norwex Window Cloth and it cleans the window streak free with only water.

CynCity1985

Answer by CynCity1985 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010