What meal does your family have that has a odd name? What is it?

Since we were kids we have the " Yellow Dinner"
It is baked mac and cheese, corn and lemonade LOL
IDK why my mom started calling it that but hey it stuck LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that is strange. lol

poutine - yum yum yum. not really a meal but its good, and totally not healthy.

pasties - basically ground meat, veggies, wrapped in pastry with gravy.

and snake soup - ichiban - kids think it looks like snakes so there we go. lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We have Alien Pancakes. They are regular pancakes with food coloring in them so they are diffrent colors. We also have Tuna Slop. That was were I was in the process of making Tuna casserole but time was running short so it never made it to the oven. It is a HUGE hit at the house.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We have "whatchamacallits" in my family. We've had that since long before they created the candy bar, LOL. Basically we were broke one night when I was kid. We were going to have enchiladas, but we had no sauce or meat. So we fried up the corn tortillas, filled them wiht refried beans and cheese and black olives and rolled them like enchiladas. Very yummy, if completely bad for you.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Growing up we had Elephant Legs. Rouladan our style. Yummy. I haven't made it in a loooong time.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• 'dusty noodles' It just fettuccine Alfredo. I dunno how it started. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• benersnitzels...SP?? it's some sort of cheap steak that's hit with a meat tenderizer until flattened and then put in a milk/agg wash then breaded in bread crumbs and of course deep fried...it's gross.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Hog slop. My dad had it growing up and then he made it for us and all it is is ground sausage cooked in a skillet with beans "I think baked beans" and sweet corn then season it all with salt and pepper all cooked on the stove. It sounds so gross but its so good its sweet and we eat it up.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Bagna Cauda- It is an italian fondue type dish. It is made with garlic, anchovies, and olive oil. Served with veggies and bread for dipping. It sounds really gross, but is SOOOO tasty!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Salmon P Wiggle! (Mac and cheese, peas and salmon mixed together).
    Anonymous

• Spider cakes and dog bones-pancakes made to look like each
    Oh, and we had Lupper, its when you eat a meal around 3pm (like brunch, but between lunch and supper
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 1:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2010