what is a good home remedy for an upset tummy for a 4yr old?

Upset tummy= gas, diarrhea, vomited once last night
Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Like for grown ups...bananas, plain white rice, soda crackers, gingerale, weak tea with honey, plain toast...It sounds like a tummy bug. Not a serious one, but one, nonetheless.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 7:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• that's the BRAT diet. Works well, also any flat soda (shake it) ginger ale, ginger is very well known for calming nausea and other things. If he vomits, don't give him something to drink immediately, let it calm down a bit first.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 7:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• HAHA I realized we answered the same way. Sorry!
    Ifiwereabook

• In additional to the BRAT diet we give some mint tea with a little sugar in it. Years ago my own doctor told me that when I had an upset stomach/stomach virus to drink something with some sugar in it. To this day I still eat pretzels and drink tea with sugar (or suck a lollipop) when my stomach is upset. Hope she feels better quickly.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• chamomile tea
    papaya enzyme
    ginger tea

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Give her a small peppermint candy like half a Starlight Mint. Not something really strong like an Altoid though. The mint and the sugar in the candy will settle and soothe her tummy. In addition, she'll like it!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2010