Organizing/Decorating

We Just bought a townhouse, and we didnt have a lot moving in so we're slowly but surely buying things. What are some easy/in-expensive decorating or organizing tips you used or can share for a BRAND new home owner? TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Shop at good will and thrift stores. I have found some awesome pieces of furniture there. Last week I bought an antique buffet there for $50 and a full living room set ( two sofas &chubby chair with ottoman) all for $150 all in excellent condition.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• For household decorations, I like to do one or two bigger, bolder pieces in a room than a bunch of little knick knacks because it can start to look very cluttered. Or a big grouping of smaller picture frames where it looks like one arrangement. As for buying nice things for less money, go to Ross and Marshall's, Kohl's, and I even like Ikea. If you don't mind used, go to Freecycyle.org and you can sometimes find free things on there that are nice, people just don't want to go to the hassel of selling. I got
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• a nice book case, some art work, and actually a secretary desk off freecycle that were still in great condition and fit my house quite nicely.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2010