Why is calling a girl "fat" the biggest insult ever?

Sooo...watching the Jersey Shore made me crap up...this one girl called another "fat"" and ALL HELL broke loose. I mean...seriously...I've seen and heard this before and just bust out laughing because it's so rediculous.

There are worse things on this Earth than being called fat....

vanessa5470

Asked by vanessa5470 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Health

• It's still hurtful and it's still a word that is meant to insult people.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I totally agree with you! I think the girl they called "fat" new she was a bit chubby when she woke up that morning. Personally, I would have laughed it off, like I have so many other times...And said "Is that REALLY the most original thing you can come up with, you moldy diseased cuntflap?"
    Anonymous

• Because it's used as an insult usually. Personally, I'm I'm referring to a person overweight, I just say they're overweight.
    Anonymous

• Regardless if it's the worst thing or not, it is still insulting. Nobody wants to be seen as "Fat", whether they are or not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• And honestly .. You're watching "The Jersey Shore" and you're surprised what sets them off? Really?
    They are a bunch of hot heads looking to have a cat fight/fist fight over absolutely anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

• I think stupid is much worse than fat. You can lose weight, you can't change stupid.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• They get paid for entertaining you so they do stuff like that for almost any reason. They just want their ratings higher. She probably wasn't even upset. Some producer was probably in the wings telling her to go off on the girl. Reality tv is staged

Answer by admckenzie at 8:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• IM FAT AND IM PROUD ! PEAPLE CALLED ME FAT BEFOR AND IT DONT BOTHER ME , IT JUST WENT IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER ! ! OTHER PEAPLE NEEDS TO DO THE SAME ! !
    Anonymous

• The truth always hurts the most.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 9:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I would be very upset if someone called me fat. TO me, yes, that's a very bad insult. What could be worse?
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2010