Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

parent problems

I am 20 years old. I moved back in with my parents in june of 2009. I pay them 350 a month to olive in a room. They go through me stuff. I have a 19 month old which they help me out with SOMETIMES but i also help them out alot with their other children. I'm tired of them going through me stuff. They say it's their house and what not. How do i break it to them i'm tired of their crap wand want to move out. I know it's going to break my mom's heart and i know they are going to be pissed off for a while but i got to do someting they need to stop treating me like i'm frekain 5 year old.

Answer Question

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 7:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • i agree they for real need to stop treating you like a child..especially when you have a child of your own. id go out and buy a lock for the door...and tell them hey i pay to rent this room..and if im paying then i get to have my privacy! and if you dont agree with it then im moving out. plain and simple...thats wrong. and if you move out dont worry about hurting their feelings..they will get over it..they will see that your grown and need your own space for you and your child.

    Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

  • It is their house, but you're paying them rent. That means they're not allowed to go through your one room. Landlords get in big trouble for that. Definitely point that out to them.

    Answer by Pnukey at 10:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
I need a simple idea for dinner.

Next question overall (Pregnancy)