Do you think the fight for gay rights can be compared to the fight for interracial marriage and black rights?

People used to use the Bible to justify other races not having equal rights as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not even close...Those bastages who used the bible totally misinterpreted when it came to interracial relationships and marriages...I mean...Look at Moses and his wife(was it Ziporrah? I could be wrong...BUT I do know...)His wife was dark and when Miriam, Moses and Aaron's sister, spoke against her because of her skin being dark, God struck her barren!
    Anonymous

• Yes and no. I think homosexuals should be allowed to marry, just not in a church that doesn't believe in homosexuality. I don't agree with the many cases that have been taken to court because homosexuals wanted to be married in a certain church and the church officials wouldn't perform the marriage. I'm not catholic, I wouldn't expect to get married in a catholic church.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• The bible specifically says that it is an abomination for a man to lay with another man, and a woman to lay with another woman-It's called "Unnatural affection". It's still just as bad a sin to fornicate heterosexually...and I think the church needs to be JUST as adamant against that!
    Anonymous

• I don't want the church involved in my government.

Gay rights is about civil rights. Gays are humans, they deserve the same rights as anyone else.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Absolutely! I don't want someone telling me I can't get married cause I'm a minority. The bible says a lot of things, don't pick and choose, if you're going to quote it, u might as well live it, and we all know you don't. Why wasn't the church in as much of an uproar when all the pedophiles were abusing the kids? I'm sick of this religious crap excuse.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 7:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• United States, separation of church and state, so butt out! If your church doesn't want to marry then, then so be it! but what happens in city halls is not your churches business.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 7:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No ..as already stated those who used the Bible against interracial marriages were twisting the scriptures.The Bible is very clear on homosexuality though being wrong in the eyes of God.I am not for gay marriages and like legal said preachers/pastors should never have to marry any gays off.If gay marriage ends up legal in all states then it does..I will not agree with it but I do not have to.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Oh and im not catholic
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No they are not the same.

I am also against gay marriage because my faith teaches it is wrong. The push for "marriage" isn't about rights, it is about legislated acceptance of homosexuality. If it were just about rights then legal unions would be acceptable AND there wouldn't be the push to fill our schools with it. This flies in the face of the Constitution...1st amendment. Forcing me to accept something my faith teaches is wrong is a clear violation of the 1st amendment. There is NOTHING in the Contstitution about marriage or legal unions, therefore there are no implied "rights" for anyone. I used to be okay with legal unions, not anymore.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes.
    If you read the bible in the context it was written, and where homosexuality is explicitly mentioned, you would also not eat shrimp, wear jewellery, or wear clothes of two types of material. I'm a firm believer that you should be educated about the time in which the Bible was written, and the history behind it's customs, before you start spouting out what is and is not "wrong."
    Did you sell your daughter into slavery? Because that is absolutely okay in the Bible, but not in our society today.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 8:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010