Do you try to be politically correct?

Do you say things such as "That's gay."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ha Ha Ha... I try NOT to be,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• being rude and being politically correct can be two different things. i'm not rude, and won't say something derogatory , such as your example..but i won't hide who i am for the sake of 'politics', either.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nope, that will be the countries downfall.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, I am not "politically correct." I choose to speak with truth. The OP's example is what I would call "tacky." I try and steer clear of tacky.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I try to be polite, but I don't try to be PC. I think I am too old for the "that's gay" comment. We didn't say that when I was a teenager (in the 70's). I just try to not deliberately insult people though. The PC culture is so confusing that what doesn't offend today probably will tomorrow, so I stopped trying to keep up with that.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, on the politically correct and I'm to old to say "thats so gay" Thats something my kids say. LOL I don't consider it a not politically correct thing to say anyway.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, I don't try to be politically correct. It has done too much damage to us as a society already. No need to continue with it. I don't try to be rude or insensitive, either. There is no need to deliberately hurt someone's feelings. I do try to be tactful in sensitive situations, and choose my words carefully.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• What's wrong with saying,"that so gay"? The homosexuals took the word "gay" when it didn't mean homosexual & I never heard a bunch of whining & crying from people about how offensive it was for them to ruin the meaning of such a quaint word back then. What about people who say, "That's/ you're so dumb" should mute people be offended by that? It's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I'm offended everyday by all the swearing & trashy talk I hear , but, that's just the way it is. I ignore it. Our gov has taken the idea of political correctness way overboard & it's reserved only for certain groups who have a particular agenda that they are wanting to force the people of America to tolerate.
    Anonymous

• We do NOT try to be politically correct. There are some things that are important and some that are NOT.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nope, no point in being PC.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2010