Has anyone ever heard of this. Girls putting their arms around other girls necks until they pass out.

I just checked my 14 year old daughters facebook and there were videos girls putting their arms around each others neck until they pass out. When they pass out they let go of the girl and she falls to the ground, a few seconds later she wakes up looking very confused and scared and then starts laughing.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 7:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You need to contact Dr.Phil.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• yes, not just their arms but they use belts etc etc. It's not just girls either, and Dr. Phil isnt the only one talking about it, I guess it real and it;s serious, kids have died from this. It's dangerous, and some dumb ass little trend.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 7:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• They had a big to do about this a few years back. Only it was boys doing it. Looks like female equality has decided to catch up.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We did that 15 years ago when I was in middle/high school. It is nothing new. It is dangerous.
    My friends did it to me and they let me fall instead of catching me, I hit my head on a piece of metal on the floor and had a seizure from it.
    That scared us enough to stop. I would talk to your teen about the dangers of it and to avoid it at all costs. When we were doing it we thought it was funny and were unaware of how dangerous it really was.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It's been around for ages, and if your daughter has it on her Facebook, then it's probably so she can learn to do it, and she probably IS doing it. People have died from this very thing in the past. Girls do it to get a high feeling, then they pass out.
    Anonymous

• Um No, must just be your area. Sorry...
    Anonymous

• I just checked her facebook again and their are about 5 videos of each girl doing it to each other. I am diffinitlely going to talk to my daughter about this
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• "Um No, must just be your area. Sorry... "

You are fooling yourself! If you keep thinking this, you will someday get a horrible surprise when a young teen you know dies from it.
    Anonymous

• I remember my friends and I used to do that in 7th grade. We were so stupid! That was 16 years ago!!! I just heard about it last year about kids doing it again. It's so dangerous! You definitely need to have a talk with your child and the other parents.
    Anonymous

• it's a game called space monkey (or atleast thats what its called around here) Very very dangerous!
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 8:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010