WTH is up with all the grammical corrections on here?

Seriously it is so freaking irritating! Moms here come looking for support and advice and people are correcting grammar? Seriously? Didn't get enough time working on english homework with your kid or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Grammatical.

Had to.
    Anonymous

• Ahh..... there you go... just couldn't resist could you?
    Anonymous

• When you ask about it of course noone can resist.
    Ignore it geeze.
    Ill admit some of this horrible spelling makes me and many others NOT read a post.
    Anonymous

• I agree. It's a little condescending to point out spelling and grammatical (eyes look up at Anon 6:38 to make sure I am spelling it right) errors. It changes the tone & focus of one's question to one of being critical instead of helpful. JMHO. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It's absolutely ridiculous. Seriously. Those people are totally anal or something.
    Anonymous

• People who deserve to have their grammar corrected:

*anyone who suggests someone is less intelligent than they are
    *anyone who cannot spell enough correctly to make the question readable
    *anyone who cannot spell grammar correctly when whining about people correcting grammar
    Anonymous

• I feel you. I do not come on here to be corrected.

Answer by louise2 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It really takes away credibility if you can't spell simple words. Kinda makes me think of some backroads hick. You gotta admit some of the grammer is horrendous. LOL
    I usually just laugh though, I don't correct.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Proof read and just use your spell check. Click that "use full editor" and then click the spell check. It won't catch the 'there, their, and they're" errors, but you at least can look like you paid attention to something in school. It is just an effort to make sure we rise to a higher standard. I like being aware of my spelling and grammar, and I don't mind when I'm corrected. It makes me think about what I say and how I say it. Words have meanings. How they are put together effects those meanings. Be grateful instead of resentful.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You know, I actually saw another mom attack another mom for this reason, and guess what, the one making the mistakes was DISABLED... imagine that.

Anonymous