What would you do if clear and brown mucus was coming out of your rectum?

We don't have insurance and I have been having bad stomach cramps along with a mucus type substance coming out of my rectum on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis. Sometimes its clear and other times it's brown. I don't know what is wrong. This has been going on for 4 or 5 months now. We don't have the money for me to see a doctor. What can I do? My biggest fear is some kind of disease.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Health

• go to the ER and you can make payments on your bill. They can not deny to see you. Also, might want to check into getting state medical insurance for yourself.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 8:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I googled it and found it could be a lot of different things. Go to webmd.com and put in your symptoms. Also I agree with the PP who said to go to the ER or look for a low income clinic.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Before you go to the e r try to get some of the mucus that's different colors into some small or even large zip lock bags to take with you. That way whatever mucus is found by the doctors can be analyzed against what you come in with in your own zip lock bags.

When your in the hospital registration for the e r tell them you don't have insurance and the next business day at the most a couple of days later a rep from their social services might contact you about possible kinds of insurance that they know of.

Your situation is what e r's are for. Get those zip bags for yourself and then get to the e r. It's best to find out its something bad but caught early rather than something bad caught late.

pm me if you want. My brother in law had colon troubles. Who knows your trouble could be as simple as hemmoroids just showing the way it is. Our bodies do whatever they want in symptoms.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You can go to the ER or the health dept and see what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Hi. Look into possible wheat allergies and colitis as well as crohns disease. What other symptoms are you having? Go to Symptomchecker.com and see if that helps. Some things I do for my problems are : Eliminate wheat, high protien, low fat, low carb diet. High fiber. What are you eating? Are you pregant? Do you drink juice? Could you have a bacterial infection? Have you been on antibiotics?

There are so many possibilities that maybe you should at least call the urgent care and see what they charge.
    Anonymous

• Some clear mucus is actually normal but if you've been having cramping along with it I would get it checked out. It's just better to be safe than sorry.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2010