moms who are married in illnesses do your husbands take care of you? Can you absolutely count

on him if you had surgeries to help you physically emotionally? Are any of your husbands great with everything but that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Health

• My DH tried when I had my c section but he was in the police academy at the time, and when I busted my incision, he is the one that cleaned it and packed it with gauze everyday and he would hold me when I would cry because I was traumatized by the whole thing. He did his best considering.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It depends on what you mean by "take care". My husband is no nursemaid, but he does what he's good at. I'm pregnant and throwing up pretty much every day - every time he walks out the door he asks what he can get for me that might make me feel better, he gets up with our little one in the morning so I can sleep in some, right now he's out with my older ones wearing them out sledding before bedtime so I can rest while they're out. If I'm thirsty in the middle of the night he'll walk downstairs to the kitchen to get me some water. So I guess it's like he's waiting on me hand and foot, but he does the things that he can do to lighten the load as much as possible on me.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I had several surgeries when I was married and I had to take care of myself as well as 3 kids so no he was no help. Thank goodness he did go to the grocery for us but I had to cook and clean as usual. I remember why I divorced him now!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• oh wow truealaskanmom that is love. my husband has never done anything at all physically to help me through any surgeries or illnesses. there really is true love.
    Anonymous

• admckenzie i have three kids too. when i read your posts we seem to have a lot in common. my husband cleans house, travels as little as he can but it would be so nice to get cared for physically instead of me only caring for me. i just don't understand. he's very very private too when he's sick.
    Anonymous

• When I had the surgery to remove my tubal pregnancy, my husband paced the waiting room until I was out of surgery and then begged the nurse to let him see me in recovery. He brought me juice and a teddy bear and was there until the recovery nurse kicked him out. Then when I was transferred to a room for overnight observation, he brought me food and made sure I was okay and stayed with me as long as he could before the nurse kicked him out again. And was back first thing in the morning to wait for me to be discharged. He had already gotten all my pain meds for me and made sure that I had everything I wanted/needed and then just let me sleep.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes I can always count on him, when I had my Gallbladder out he took a week off work to take care of me and had someone take the kids so he could give me his full attention.

Everytime we had a baby he took time off work to be there to help me for a week or two. When I am sick he takes care of me. He is very sweet and I know how lucky I am, especially when I hear about other men who just ignore their wife, wont change diapers or get up in the middle of the night. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No I can not count on him. It doesn't matter how sick I am or look he will not lift a finger to help me. I recently had a terrible case of flu and told him I was sick. So he told me to take medicine, I was out of medicine so, he told me that I should go to the store and buy it ( It was 1:00 AM). It broke my heart :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• When I had my c-section he told me how sick I looked. He's an ass.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• YES!! Thank goodness!! He is awesome. I had surgery in Aug and he babied me the whole time. he is wonderfula bout stepping up whne he is here(he works away from the house 4 months at a time)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2010