14 weeks and braxton hicks???

I have had them on and off but tonight I seem to be getting a lot of them.. but I also was on antibiotics and they gave me the runs all day today.. Is that what could be causing the contractions??? I am calling the doc in the morning to changes meds because they are causing more than just the runs anyway, I just wanted to see what you all thought... thanks!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 8:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes dehydration can cause them, I would go to L&D to get an IV and have them make sure you aren't dilating because of it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You may need to get a cerclage to prevent miscarriage from an incompetent cervix take a proactive role in this it can be very serious.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• truealaskanmom- I don't have an incompetent cervix, I have already had one child and everything went great! My sister has one so my doctor is aware that it runs in the family.. But thanks for your concern
    I am drinking lots of water to also help with the dehydration and took some tylenol..

randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Ok, well i would still call the doctor and see if they want you to get checked just to be sure, I had contractions early with my first and they weren't BH like I thought, they gave me an IV and a shot to relax me and I delivered at 41 weeks. Just be careful, you can never really tell.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• What my dr tells me is to lay down and relax drink LOTS of water and it should stop. If it doesnt then go get checked.
    If they are at all painful to where you double over in pain go in asap.
    Anonymous

• From what I have read and from talking to a couple of other moms, it's normal to have them all through pregnancy it's just that you can't always feel them. I have felt them here and there with this one, especially when stressed out so definitely relax, get some water and let the doctor know if you're worried.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 7:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2010