Chapstick on infant

My 10 and half months old babies have a little dry lips during winter, My husband want to put chapstick on every hours or two . However I don't agree with it, cause i read that do not use for babies under 2 . So my question is it safe to use on infant??

hungluvphuong

Asked by hungluvphuong at 8:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used it on my DD and she is perfectly fine, it is edible because it goes on our lips.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• If it contains beeswax, it may be a bad idea, but it's your call. You can use some Lansinoh, which is medical grade pure lanolin and is safe for breastfeeding, so it can go in baby's mouth.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I would just use Vaseline. If it is chapstick make sure it isn't the kind that is slightly menthol or makes lips tingly, I would think a mild chapstick would probably be ok, but I know Vaseline is safe.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I put chapstick on my son. He's eight months. He's still alive and healthy. He likes it, actually. He giggles when I put it on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Please don't put petrolum on a baby, especially the mouth. Use a little coconut oil or vitamin E

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2010