My 15 year old sister asked me....

Where does the pee and poo go when the baby in my belly pottys? I had no clue what to tell her. Do they use the bathroom while we are pregnant with them? If they do where does it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They dont poop, but I believe their pee is different they just swallow it back with the amnio fluid, that is my vague memory of what I learned. I know that it is in pregnancy books so if you have one look it up, google may even know.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Everything passes thru the unbilical cord. Nutrients go in and waste goes out. It's different before they are detached from the cord and placenta
    Anonymous

• yup, it all goes through that umbilical cord.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• yes they swollow amino fluid and pee it back out.. basically you can say they are swimming i their pee..lol :) but they do not poop until they are born or on their way!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• baby does pee in utero, but no poop. and when baby starts practice swallowing, then it takes it back in and goes threw the whole process again.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• your amniotic fluid is continuously refreshed.... alll day long.. baby swallows and pees, but its first bowel movement builds up throughout the last few weeks of pregnancy..
    is your 15 yr old sister having a baby? (not that it matters...)
    Anonymous

• No she isnt having a baby. I am. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• You really didn't know the answer to this question? All nutrition and waste pass through the umbilical cord.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2010