is your dh/so...

totally opposite of what you thought you would end up with? Is it a good thing or bad?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He's SO totally opposite of me but he's good for me. He's taught me so much and even at my age he sort of forces me to grow up!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, he's pretty much what I always wanted. However, I never thought I'd get someone so amazing. For a while there I though that guys like him didn't even exist.;
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Someone told me that my Hubby doesn't look like my type. I wondered how they would even know my type, I didn't really know them that well. I told my Hubby when we met that he was exactly what I had dreamed of, except I didn't care what color hair, or what it was like, long, short, w/e... Well Hubby laughed, he shaves his head completely bald so it's a good thing hair didn't matter,lol... And yes he's everything I've ever wanted and more!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I don't know if I ever had a picture in my head of who I would end up with. We've been a couple since I was fifteen... I'm now thirty two, we've been married for almost twelve years. We are an 'opposites attract' couple in a lot of ways, but I can't see myself with anyone else!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i would say yes my man is totally opposite of what i thought id end up with. i didnt think i was really gonna end up with anyone..but here comes this wonderful man that steps into my life and completely gives me everything i couldve ever wanted. he's everything ive been looking for..in the beginning of our relationship it was rough..but now theres no doubt in my mind im gonna spend the rest of my life with this man. i love him with all my heart!!!!!
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Hmmm...yes and no. I used to generally gravitate toward very tall, rather attractive (think model/movie star) guys who in the end, treated me like crap. But I always said I wanted a nice guy who would treat me well. SO does that. But he is not the type I used to go for. He's tall, but he's a bit overweight, which is not something I am usually drawn to. But with him, it works. lol It's actually kind of funny, he reminds me very much of my dad. My mom and my grandma both say the same thing. So, in terms of physical appearance and the way men treated me before, yes, he is the opposite. But in terms of getting what I really want, and being truly loved, nope, he's exactly what I looked for my entire life. And now I have him. And I couldn't be happier.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Mine is fine. Sweet, honest, hardworking, lovable man and in March we'll be married 16 years. Sure, he has quirks. Who don't? I do too. But I love him.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2010