What and how can I help my colic 3 month ld preme baby?

My daughter is a colic baby... I have been giving her Similac Alu somthing for colic... my friend told me to give her prune juice to help her pupu so i did and she did great the first 2 days and then it didnt do affect on her... she is very constipated, gassy and cranky... I need help... i cant hire a sitter because shes just to colic and no one can stand her!

darianawright

Asked by darianawright at 8:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has the doctor checked to make sure she doesn't have acid reflux? If the colic treatments don't work it is likely acid reflux a lot of babies don't really have colic but this so take her to the doctor and have them check.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I'd call the pediatrician. If it's a problem tonight I'd call the hospital and speak to a nurse in the nursery

Answer by admckenzie at 8:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• well her doctors find nothing wrong with her... they said she might just be cranky bla bla bla... it sucks truly does..
    darianawright

Answer by darianawright at 8:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Colic means the baby is crying without a reason but your baby has a reason which is tummy troubles. Constipation and gas unfortunately are side effects of formula. You may need to change the formula to something like Nutramigen or prescription formula.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• no no... thats not her reasons... she does pu and all.... the doc confirm its colic... we changed formula like a million times... even try breast milk and no help... the similac colic formula has calm her down but hasnt done the trick....
    darianawright

Answer by darianawright at 9:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Do you swaddle her? I would try that, hold her on her side, and swing her back and forth (like swing your body side to side in a sweeping motion) with loud white noise (we used our bathroom fan or static on tv), with a paci if she will take one. This is what worked for my daughter. I have also heard some babies like the noise of the bath faucet or shower running. Also if she has tummy trouble you can try laying her on her back and doing a bicylcle motion with her legs or bending her knees and kind of rolling her knees side to side, or time on her tummy can help relieve gas. My dd loved her swing as well, that would help calm her sometimes with the music on or the waterfall sound. Good luck- colic is no fun, keep trying different things and combinations of things- hopefully you find something or she outgrows it quickly.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Mary... if she hears water she yells!!! SHE HATES water lol
    darianawright

Answer by darianawright at 11:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2010