What is your favorite cassarole recipe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• box of minute rice, 3 chicken breasts cut up, packet of french onion soup, can of cream of mushroom soup, and 3 cups of milk and seasonings of your choice (I use season salt, garlic, and montreal chicken) Mix it all up and bake it until the chicken is cooked and the rice has a crisp brown edge it is really easy to make and taste great.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i love impossible pie recipies.... using bisquick.......... or slow cook chicken breast in peppers n onions then cook veggies of choice and mix with chambels cream of chicken soup, cream corn and bake with bisquick biscuts on top... yummy we had that the last 2 nights... i love bisquick..lol
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 8:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Cook some chicken (3-4 breasts), broccoli (one of the big bags of frozen is usually what I use), and chicken & broccoli rice, mix it together in a pan with a can of broccoli & cheese soup (condensed, straight out of the can), top with cheddar cheese (I like to mix some cheese in with it, too, but not everyone likes cheese as much as I do, lol). Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe from my Better Homes & Garden cookbook that I got when we got married 20 years ago. I follow it almost exactly with only a few modifications.
    Anonymous

• MEXICAN BEANS AND PASTA BAKE
    1 med. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    2" segment hot chili pepper, minced or 1/4 tsp. cayenne
    1 tbsp. chili powder
    1 qt. undrained canned diced tomatoes
    1 tsp. oregano
    1/2 tsp. cumin
    1 c. uncooked whole wheat elbow macaroni or other pasta broken into pieces
    3/4 c. frozen or canned corn
    3/4 c. diced zucchini
    3 c. cooked pink or black beans (or two cans)
    1/2 c. sliced black olives
    1 c. broken taco shells or tortilla chips
    1 c. shredded Jack cheese or cheese of your choice

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• In a skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray (I use olive oil) sauté onion, garlic and hot pepper for about 3 minutes to soften. Add chili powder and cook briefly. Add tomatoes, oregano and cumin and bring to a boil. Add pasta, corn and zucchini and simmer 15 minutes until pasta is just tender. Stir in beans and olives. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Transfer bean mixture to a shallow 2 quart casserole. Top with taco shells or tortilla chips and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes to melt cheese. If casserole is assembled in advance and chilled, increase baking time to 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with sour cream at the table.