What does your family drink on a daily basis?

We drink milk, iced tea and coffee...I have been making koolaid, but there has to be some other choices. No soda or juice unless it is grape or apple. Juice snobs. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• coffee in the morning.

we drink pretty much just milk and water. orange juice is the only juice anyone will drink if we have it - but I don't buy it that often.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Water, milk, coffee, tea, sometimes hot cocoa, sometimes juice. My dh is a soda drinker.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Water for me, Powerade for hubby, Juice and milk for my baby. Thats about it. We have sweet tea for dinner but our child doesnt get tea.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Coffee, tea & cocoa for me & dh. We all drink water, skim milk and sometimes juice. Dh takes pop to work in his lunches.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• coffee, milk, water, diet dp, apple juice, sprite zero, gatorade
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• WATER except for treats (which are liberal, but not a daily expectation.)
    we do this because almost everything else is empty calories (including juices, which even at 100% fruit add a lot of sugar to a diet without any of the fiber that is so important in whole fruit!) OR because it will fill kids up in place of eating a balanced meal.

I noticed with each kid as a toddler that they had to be coaxed to drink something very sweet, even juice, and that they PREFERRED water, so we just stuck with what was healthiest.

My DH drinks diet soda, though I occasionally try to wean him off of it ;-) and I have a little coffee habit.
    MamaBird76

Answer by MamaBird76 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Soda water juice....kool aid...pretty much whatever...my son is a big water boy...so he doesnt drink much else...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Water for the most part, but hubby drinks coffee since he works all night. We also made apple cider last fall and froze 24 gallons of it so we drink that. In the summer we'll also have unsweetened iced tea or the kids will drink lemonade. We do have milk in the house but it's used for cereal or baking/cooking.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Water. We have a splash of juice in it. Like an ounce or 2 of juice to 12 ounces of water. And fruit smoothies for breakfast.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• The kids drink milk, water, and juice (100% juice only, 1-2 cups a day if we have it). Maybe once every 2-3 months I'll make a pitcher of kool aid but I only use about half the sugar it calls for. They like to take water and sprinkle that True Lemon powder in it and call it lemonade lol. I drink tea daily, and occasionally we have a soda if we go out or have a special occasion. I have them about once a week, the kids maybe once or twice a month.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2010