Jesus was a white man?

Just followed up on some scripture in relation to the historical geographic location Jesus lived. All the pictures so a white man with blond hair and blue eyes. But he lived in Africa and the bible says his hair was as wool, and skin like bronze. I dont know many white people with that discription unless they tanned. I also couldnt find any descripted natives that had blonde hair or blue eyes. So, are the pictures acurate in detail, or was he a black/mixed looking man? What do you think?

And yes we all know the most important thing is that he was a great guy and all, but I want to know about his cultural looks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Um, in my picture books,he is purple, like Barney!!
    Anonymous

• I suspect its a case of people depicting what feels most familiar to them, to make a religious idea as personal and comfortable as they can, to "OWN" it.

I have always been pretty suspicious that Jesus must have been a man of color, just based on where in the world the history of it takes place.
    I think if you looked, you would probably find other pictoral representations, just not mainstream (I know I have seen south american holy family depictions that were decidedly native, for instance!)

MamaBird76

Answer by MamaBird76 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• God created man in his image, and man has since returned the favor.

In an anglo-centric culture, unfortunately, Jesus is always shown as very caucasian. Given his geographical location, I'm sure he was dark skinned with dark hair, probably looking a bit like a modern middle eastern/African man.
    Anonymous

• He probably had the skin tone of a middle eastern man - but hey we could be all wrong he could be barney pruple :) lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think he looked Middle Eastern --The tan look-- as for the eyes well His Parents are Jews and I have a lot of Jewish friends strange that you mention it but they all have blue eyes now that I think about it??? IDK whatelse to say
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• He was middle eastern.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• umm...isn't Middle eastern African? Why not just say he was African...
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• He is Jewish. I don't think he'd be a blonde blue eyed man! Years of white folks teaching history brought about that blonde blue eyed image....omg or was that Hitler?
    Anonymous

• middle eastern is not african.....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010