What are some cheap dinner ideas you and your family likes?

I'm feeling like cooking something different and I'm sure a lot of us could stand to save a couple bucks somewhere.

katie23

Asked by katie23 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• most definitely...we have to save money at every possible turn! I like to have plenty of chicken breasts, ground pork, roaster chickens and random meats on hand. Along with that I like to have plenty of veggies, pasta, rice, potatoes and beans. So with that I can easily make a roasted chicken with veggies and potatoes, breaded chicken breasts, spanish rice and beans with any assortment of meats. Whats great to do too is buy pizza crust and make pizza. I utilize my freezer and buy in bulk when I get a good bargain on meats or veggies so I'm always prepared to make anything from beef stew, stir fry, spagetti...anything.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• taco bell burritos. That's cheap and easy.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Bean and cheese quesedillas, french toast, ramen soup, minestrone soup, homemade wings.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Pork, cabbage, onions cooked in teryaki sause served over rice. It costs about $5 to make and will feed 4.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 10:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• lentil sloppy joes
    peanut noodles
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    black bean soup and cheese quesadillas
    home made pizza

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2010