Has anyone experianced a premature birth

Having premature delivery due to ruptured membranes. Stuck in hospital for three more weeks.

Donna991

Asked by Donna991 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was born at 17 weeks and my son was born the day I turned 35 weeks ( both were emergency sections) ... but they were boht born completely healthy and pretty good weights ( 6.9 and 6.7 )

My cousin had her son at 27 weeks ....he lived but was on a feeding tube until he was 5 or 6 ..now he is 8 and he is a completely healthy happy kid who plays sports and everything.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Join a group if you are looking for support.. I don't mean to sound mean but I don't really see your point.
    Anonymous

• I went into premature labor in July 2009. My DD was due September 2009. I had a UTI. My DD had to spend one month in the NICU. The nurses there were really great and did every thing that they could to help me understand what was going on and letting me know what I could do to help while she was there. If you need to talk you can pm me or message me i am on here most evenings.
    lilyemama

Answer by lilyemama at 9:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Feel free to message me if you need to talk! I had my boys at 36 weeks and 34 weeks, my second son had a 2 week NICU stay.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• First anonymous, I'm sure her point is she'd like some other people who can relate to her to give her advice, or just simply someone who has been through what she has.
    Anonymous

• Wow glamomono you had a baby at 17 weeks that is 6-7 weeks sooner than most hospitals will even attempt t intervene.

Donna I have had babiea at 31 and 35 weeks and all is well

mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 10:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My 4th baby was born at 23 weeks. She weighed 1.5 lbs, 13 in. long & She spent 2 1/2 mos in the NICU, but at 3yrs old is very healthy and other than being small for her age, (she still wears 18 & 24 mos clothes) you would never know she was a preemie.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2010