Abdominal Pains...

This is my second pregnancy and I have been having braxton hicks contractions due to dehydration but tonight i have been having abdominal pains pretty bad and it feels like real contractions.I am 33 weeks pregnant and the last time I had my little girl at 36 weeks because my amniotic fluid was leaking and had to be induced so did not get to do the whole 5 mins apart with contractions and everything.I was wondering how far apart do contractions usually start out?like 10 mins apart then go down to 5 or what? I do feel like his head dropped tonight and i know he is in the right position to come out because of our last ultrasound I have a doctors appointment on tuesday .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If I were you, I'd contact your doctor, especially with a history of early labor. You might be put on bed rest or soemthing and they will probably want to give you something to stop labor.
    Some people start out with 15 minutes or more between contrax and then the time decreases, but some people just start out with them very regular.
    My contrax started at 5 or 6 min apart the first time, and with the 2nd baby, they started at about 3 min apart. I have had very fast labors though (5 hours and 3 hours).
    Anonymous

• Are you currently dehydrated? Any other possible factors contributing to this?
    This is very early for labor--
    If you are having regular frequent contractions this early on, you might like to notify your doctor/midwife.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Everybody's different but for me it started as really bad back pain & the urge to pee every 3 mins. I even asked my hubby how I was supposed to know if I was in labor, then the contractions kicked in, I went from no contractions to every 5 mins in the snap of a finger. Knew they were contractions vs braxton hicks (had those 3 wks earlier) cuz I thought I was gonna die. If your contractions are closer together or more severe then call your dr tonight, other wise make sure you notify her/him in the am, you already have some risk factors so they need to be aware of what's going on w/ you. Take it easy, get off your feet, bedrest till then. Soon you'll be meeting your new little one!!! Congratulations!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2010