Pregnancy after miscarriage?

i recently had a mc 1-9-10. how soon after a mc can you become pregnant again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i've had 2 miscarriages that i got pregnant shortly after. the first time, i had a period about 6 weeks after my miscarriage and got pregnant a few weeks later. the second miscarriage i had, i hadn't had a period 6 weeks later so i tested and i was already preggo again. both babies conceived shortly after the miscarriage are doing fine! one's 3 1/2 the other's almost 2! although drs do advise that you wait 2-3 cycles for your body to regain strength and nutrients. i was on "high risk" with both those pregnancies since i conceived so shortly after miscarrying.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 10:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• That depends on your body, how your body handled the miscarriage, whether you had a D&C or not, and what your OB suggests for you. Generally speaking most people are allowed to start trying right after they miscarry. For me I had a D&C, so I wasn't even allowed to have sex for six weeks. They recommended I wait a year before trying to get pregnant. You need to talk to your OB/GYN and see what they recommend for you. Seeing as they're the ones that know your body and know what will be best for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• First off, I am sorry you had to go through this. I had two miscarriages and they are horrible. My doctor recommended waiting one cycle after both and said the only reason they say that is so they have an accurate due date for a new pregnancy. If you had a D&C, I would for sure wait the six weeks. Otherwise, if you had no other problems and your doctor says it's ok, you can try again after you have stopped bleeding. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You can become pregnant after a miscarriage immediately on your next cycle but doctors recommend you wait and have one full cycle before you start trying again. I've had 4 miscarriages. I had no problem getting pregnant again when I was ready to start trying each time. I'm now 30 weeks pregnant with a little boy with no complications so far!
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2010