Is your SO a gamer?

Does your DH or S/O spend alot of time playing video games or computer games? We have 3 different gaming systems : Wii, PS3 and xbox. I can't play these games because they move all over the place and I get nauseous and dizzy (I know weird)...but good god man my SO can literally spend an entire day playing these games......kinda annoying when you want someone to talk to....lol Does this happen to anyone else?

LynnB1

Asked by LynnB1 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No thank goodness. He is not a gamer nor a sports watcher.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No! He bought a Wii for me for Christmas and he hates video games, so I end up playing it by myself. I'd LOVE for him to enjoy playing it!
    Anonymous

• I am lol we both love our Wii and I love WoW and so does my DH
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Getting nauseous and/or dizzy when watching video games, TV, or movies can be a sign that something is wrong. Something as simple as needing glasses (or a new prescription) to something more serious. Have you ever been checked out for that?

DH is a gamer. Everything from simple games like multiplayer chess (on the PC) to Multiplayer FPS (First person Shooter) games. He could literally spend all day gaming if it were left up to him. When we first started hanging out/dating that's literally all he did while he was laid off. (Which is when we met. He gets laid off every year around the same time) He'd only get up to eat and use the bathroom. He loves computers, computer games, and is generally just an all around geek. That WAS what attracted me to him, but sometimes I really wish he weren't that serious of a gamer. Though he has become less of one since we got married and had kids.

I love video games too, just not as much
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Oh yeah, mine is very much into the computer and computer games..... it used to really bother me but now I am ok with it as I have my own computer and my own hobbies and interests.
    Anonymous

• I get that motion sick feeling too sometimes. I don't do well in cars, airplanes or sailboats. LOL. Anyway... Yes my DH is a big WOW guy (world of warcraft). He also has a ps3 and the wii is mine.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• The actual movements of the game, like how it turns 360 degrees and the constant moving and turning makes me dizzy........and shortly after I get nauseous.......I can play anything with a sedentary background, but when the scenery moves and the character moves and turns it just throws off my equillibrium..... I don't mind it so much he wont play unless I'm busy doing something else...I'm just surprised he could literally spend the entire day playing games....lol
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Right there with you =) My fiance is a hardcore Xbox 360 gamer. However I find a few games fun and occasionally join him =)
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• He's downstairs playing Call of Duty as we speak. I usually don't mind it, but when I have to go to bed alone 3-4 nights a week and he can't get his butt outta bed in the morning to help me with the kids cause he's up to all hours of the night playing games, it sucks.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I also get motion sickness when he plays first player shooters. We have 3 Xboxes, so I can have one to watch Netflix on. He loves his games, but he doesnt' watch sports, and I'm thankful for that.
    Anonymous